As a family-owned and operated second-generation business, talks of passing the torch are permanently top-of-mind, so the future is naturally important to us on many levels. Being kind to our Earth is an essential part of how we operate and a responsibility we take seriously. We are committed to reducing our footprint and making conscience and thoughtful decisions to follow sustainable practices throughout our company; from the vineyard to our tasting rooms and beyond.
The following are just a few examples of ways we work to protect and preserve our environment for generations to come.
• MAEAP verified farm
• Little to no pesticides used in the vineyard (no Round Up)
• Use the least amount of water necessary for spraying and production
• Mechanical weed control (no chemicals)
• Natural fertilizers
• Erosion control measures
• Natural cooling practices in the cellar when Mother Nature cooperates
• Re-capture knockout water in the brewery cutting our water loss by 50%
• Repurpose distillate byproducts for our cooling system
• High-efficiency LED lights
• Recycling at all facilities
• Greenware® compostable plastic cups used at our events